Hello dear readers, and welcome back to our weekly Dev Blog!
Once again it has been a great week in terms of progress and also a very, very exciting one. First off, there has been even more content created, as per usual, and some welcome spit and polish but we’ve also started a big push towards tracking and getting rid of pesky bugs! Combined with some major optimisation and stabilisation, all of this has been done in order to push out a new build of the game for all of us to play!!!
Of course, we’ve been doing these things all along but as we’ve recently integrated a literal ton of new content, systems, features and in-game areas into the game, this is the most complete build we’ve ever had! Its been a tough going for all the developers here especially as this has meant a lot of fixes and testing and rebuilding. But, we are finally on the cusp of being able to play and test a surprisingly complete version of the game. Jealous much?
Anyway, here’s what everybody was up to this week in more detail:
- Finalized architectural modelling of Garrison Security District
- Huge pass on integrating new gameplay systems in main scene
- Lots of bug hunting and testing
- Discovered a way of making game performance like 10,000 times better. Witchcraft or something
- Promised me a build of the game. Any minute now….
- QA pass on all in-game items
- Doubled resolution of all icons in the game
- Polished some shields
- Created a new mode for the IVG entitled “repair mode”. I’ll let you guess what that does…
- Rigged a new boss-type female NPC
- Created core code for Pamela narrative system
- Various bug fixing
- Lots of work on integration
- Evaded the police
- Created system to improve loading screens
- Got his cat repaired
- Finally texturing the heavy armor suit
- Took some time out to finalize the animation for the Cryo Station. Which is like a year old…
- Started experimenting with some cool new environmental textures in my spare time, so keep an eye out for those in-game
- Stuck a new GTX 1070 in my machine! Lucky me
- Currently frolicking around Disney World Orlando
- Finished a lovely set of storage containers
- Re-made Pamelas clothing with the power of Marvellous Designer!
- Also revised some of her proportions and features. But inner beauty is what really matters
- Bug hunting project integration
- Create a ton of vendor and repair items.
- Created augment system
- Finished menu for augment station!