Dev blog, go!
This week, as with all others, we’ve made a great chunk of progress across the board. One of the most exciting things this week is the Options Menu that Chris has been working on, which we’ve been looking forward to for quite some time. We know that everyone has their own preferences in terms of controls and visuals, and we’re doing our best to make sure you’ve got plenty to tweak and tune to your liking. Here’s a sample of a few of our currently available options and settings:
- Full Key Rebinding
- Field of View Slider
- LOTS of visual quality/performance settings, including disabling film grain, image sharpening, etc.
- Audio sliders – Master, Effects, Music, etc.
- Reticle scale, on/off
- Mouse Inversion
- ….and much more!
We’re pretty excited about the flexibility this will provide; if you have a setting/option that you’d love to see in the game, please let us know in the comments and we’ll see about adding it!
In other news, Alayna has made some excellent progress in polishing and improving legibility across a huge number of menus. Given that our UI is almost entirely contained within the physical game world, it can be quite complex to balance brightness and readability across various lighting situations. This meant that we had to integrate a complex light-sensor system (essentially creating an “auto brightness” setting, like you find on your phone) with the help of the fine folks at Rust Ltd.
Those are a few of the highlights; there’s much more! Check out the list below for the full breakdown:
- Finished the “OPs Center” area within Garrison Security district
- Polished up several common areas in Garrison
- Improved font legibility across all in-game UI
- Polished Death Screen, Pause Menu, Loading Screen, Hub Menu, and Status menu
- Improved “auto-adjustment” feature on hologram shaders; this improves the UI brightness balance greatly when travelling between light and dark areas
- Finished Seeker Security Droid AI update
- Finished “security event” system allowing security responses to certain player actions
- Finished textures on Solar Accumulator, Solar Recharger, and Water Condensor build-able items
- Fitted new equip-able medium armor pieces onto the player character model
- Began work on equip-able heavy armor set
- Significant progress on integrating new “repair” menu for certain in world points of interest
- Fixed several miscellaneous player bugs
- Finished a huge batch of new items that can be used to repair certain parts of the world, or sold to vendors for large amounts of Lux!
- Wrapping up integration of spawning and re-spawning systems
- Fixed several bugs related to spawning/re-spawning
- Made a huge amount of progress on options menu and keybinding