It’s that time again. The time we’ve all come to know and love/dread/feel neutral towards; weekly devblog time!
We’ve been chipping away as always, making solid progress across many aspects of the game. On the art side of things, we’ve been churning out some new NPC and attachment models, as well as making some great progress on polishing up Eden’s transit hub, Origin Station. It’s been coming together quite nicely, check out the screenshot above!
Continued work on animations is another major highlight for the week, as we’ve begun restructuring our back-end systems to accommodate the new methodology we’re implementing. The end result with have much more natural movement overall and make all of our AI behaviors more organic.
Those are the highlights, but wait, there’s more! Check out the in-depth list below.
- Polished off work on Origin Station transit hub
- Created player animation for activating utility attachments
- Created several new NPC concepts
- Rebuilding NPC animator system to facilitate major animation upgrade
- Reworking NPC combat logic to accommodate new animations
- Some miscellaneous fixed/tweaks on previous models
- Started work on randomized Afflicted deformations/growths
- Finished implementing several new equip-able utility attachments
- Implemented new attack animations for melee weapons
- Some bug fixing on inventory menu
- Finished work on texture optimization, for now
- Created several new equip-able utility attachments
- Added saving and loading support to doors, containers, power transmitters, power cells, and more