And thus ends another week of development. The big item on the list this week was the beginning of a proper save/load system, which was being put off in favor of gameplay development. Finally time to bite the bullet on that one and get it done!
Sorted out a few bugs/polish issues with the new player character, and HUGELY smoothed out the transitions between crouching/standing while aiming or in menus. Overall player movement and navigation feels much better.
We’ve also made solid progress on implementing a new melee weapon which was finished up being textured last week. We’re excited about the special effects for this one; should be a ton of fun to play with soon!
And last but not least, a great deal of work for done in the art department. We’re about halfway-done a huge detail pass on Oasis, the exterior courtyard area. There’s a new female NPC in the works. There’s also a ton of new consumable items being finished off, including new medical and stim items. Cool stuff all around.
- More tweaking on NPC spawn placement
- Ton of work on detail pass over Oasis courtyard
- Imported and calibrated new weapon model
- Created concepts for multiple new buildable items
- Finished new player character model integration
- Fixed several bugs with new player character
- Properly implemented crouch system to blend properly
- Planning mo-cap shots for next week
- Started work on new female afflicted model
- Finished upgrade nodes and alternate fires for previously existing weapons
- Implementing new melee weapon
- Finished modelling many new consumable items
- Continued work on saving/loading systems
Thanks for the read! And as always, make sure to check back next week for a new update.