We’re back from our summer break last week, full of renewed energy, vigor, and sunburns! Feels good to be back at it; as you might remember, we’ve got some exciting stuff coming up soon, namely a whole ton of new animation work for the NPCs. We’ve also updated the player character model, which means our full-body-awareness will look and animate even better.
We’ve also finished up work on a new melee weapon. Can’t wait for this one to get integrated, it’s going to be a ton of fun to use.
Progress has also been made on some crucial game systems, such as player re-spawning, menu navigation, and saving/loading which has just begun.
In less exciting news, we had some server-migration… issues… that took up a chunk of the week, which thankfully has been mostly taken care of.
- Fine tuned zone culling system to load chunks of the environment more efficiently
- Populated Arcadia and the Promenade with new batch of NPC spawn points
- Set up work on item spawning in new zones
- Designed new heavy armor item
- Finished setting up character clothing dye slot
- Rigged and skinned new player character model
- Started integration work on new player character
- Finished texturing new heavily afflicted NPC model
- Implementing upgrade node system on all existing weapons
- Adding upgrade support to all existing weapons
- Finalized Subverser dart AOE effect
- Finished several new consumable items
- Finished new melee weapon
- Set up “game loop” systems (main menu > spawn > death > respawn/menu) which sort of existed before, but were not fully functional
- Started work on saving/loading system
That’s it for this week; check back next friday for another update!SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!