We’ve got some exciting news to share; we’ll be showing off PAMELA at DICE next week!
We were recently invited by the fine folks at Stream TV Networks to be part of their experience room at the event, in which we’ll be demoing PAMELA on one of their amazing Ultra-D TV screens. They’ve created a ground breaking glasses-less 3D technology which brings tremendous depth and believe-ability to the image on the screen, without needing to wear cumbersome glasses. Better yet, they’ll be shipping the first wave of these products later this year, so if you’re interested in picking one up you won’t have to wait long! If you’d like to read more about the tech, check out their website here.
Most of this week has been taken up by scrambling to get the demo ready, but alongside that, we’ve made some great progress as we get closer and closer to our GDC demo (and new trailer!).
- Polished up various areas within the Arcadia tower
- Fleshed out Oasis courtyard for more scenic vistas
- Worked on integrating and tweaking Ultra-D settings in preparation for DICE
- More set dressing; the world is coming to life more than ever with a ton of fantastic details
- Planned out DICE demo flow and content
- Created some concepts for new UI and menus
- Integrated the Ultra-D SDK to make PAMELA compatible with Stream TV Networks’ glasses-less 3D screens
- Implemented a ton of great new sound effects; doors, weapons, shields, and more!
- Created a new, streamlined looting menu, as well as improving searchable containers
- Finished shield equip-able item
- Worked on a new variant of female afflicted
- Updated the power system which allows players to turn on/off lights within the city
- Finished new melee weapon and effects
- Further updating weapon systems and back-end
- Improved day/night cycle to update reflections and lighting more accurately
- Continued modelling various quarantine props and set pieces
Phew, time to get back to work- we’ve got a crazy weekend ahead to pull this off. See you next week!