Hello once again everyone!
Before I get to the update, I thought I would take a moment to talk about an awesome event/cause we participated in this year called Extra Life.
For those of you don’t know much about it, Extra Life is a 24 hour gaming marathon to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. It’s a great cause and is always a lot of fun, so I highly recommend it if you’re interested in participating next year!
This year NVYVE had a host of games available including: Halo, Artemis, Super Smash Bros, Magic: The Gathering, and numerous Board/Card games. More importantly though, we were able to reach our funding goal this year and do our part to support such a great cause! If you’d like to learn more about the event, check it out over at http://www.extra-life.org/
Alright, now lets move onto the weekly update.
This week the team has made some really great progress as we flesh out more areas and program more systems. Take a look below to see what everyone’s been working on.
- Made new punch animations for that player that are significantly improved!
- Modelled several new floors of the residential tower.
- Designed and modelled numerous passageways connecting different areas within Eden.
- Made design documents for sounds within the game including; ambient, dialogue, weapons effects, interactive items, etc.
- Designed the menu for the universal wall controls and tweaked final materials.
- Created all the new elevator menus and designed their functionality.
- Did a ton of work fixing, updating, and overall perfecting the player punching.
- Restructured independent limb use for the left and right hands.
- Fixed all known bugs in the player IK.
- Did some excellent work on …more secret things. Nice try though! It’s looking pretty cool!
- Modelled and textured new generators and power cells for use within the game.
- Created “power source” scripts which can store / transfer power and charge / drain over time.
- Connected new power stations (interactive props) to the power system so that power can be controlled within the game.
- Implemented GUI interaction for the power stations.
- Fixed some vision detection issues to make detecting objects more responsive.
- Created new charge/storage bays for seekers.
- Continued modelling and texturing maintenance sets and props.